School Meals Program

Your Community School Meals Program

The DoDEA Americas School Meals Program is dedicated to building student health and academic achievement in our communities. Daily access to nutritious foods is the foundation for students to reach their full potential.

  • Our program provides parents convenience and reduces stress by providing budget friendly meals that are nutritious, too!
  • Our program is a participant of the USDA National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program ensuring the high standards of nutrition of served to your student.

For payment information, please click on "Accounts and Payment" in the menu to the right.

School Menus

Meal Prices (Camp Lejeune)

Meal Prices



Full Price Student


K-8: $2.80

9-12: $2.90

Reduced Price Student




A la Carte Pricing

A la Carte Pricing

Free and Reduced Meals Program

Households may apply for free and reduced meals beginning July 1st of every school year and must reapply every year since eligibility is only for one year. To apply for free and reduced-price meals you must have the following information:

  1. Student ID number, which is provided after enrollment via email.
  2. Service Member’s leave and earnings statement (LES) and spouse pay voucher if working or dual military.
  3. Student name as written on your enrollment/registration form.
  4. School district as listed in the meal application software:
    1. For DoDEA schools in the continental United States enter the name of the military installation at which you are assigned for duty, with the following exceptions: 1.  MCAS Beaufort – enter “Laurel Bay”; 2.  Puerto Rico schools – enter “Puerto Rico”.
    2. Guam schools – enter “DoDEA – Guam”
    3. Iwakuni – enter “DoDEA – MCCS Iwakuni”
    4. Navy sites (not Guam) – enter “DoDEA – Navy Exchange”
    5. For Army and Air Force military installation in Europe and Pacific, enter “AAFES DoDEA”

Important Note about household income:

  • Enter the full household gross pay (not after tax income)
  • Include spouse income
  • Do not include: housing allowance if overseas or if living in privatized housing stateside, COLA, imminent danger pay or hostile fire pay. 

Did you know?

  • Eligibility for free meals or reduced-price meals is determined by a combination of income and family size. Military families at most ranks can qualify.
  • An approved meal application may qualify your family for benefits from local, state and federal agencies.


Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process.

  1. Who is eligible for free meals regardless of income?
    • All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP, the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, TANF or Medicaid are eligible for free meals.
    • Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
    • Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
    • Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway or migrant are eligible for free meals.
    • If any of the above apply, contact your School’s Meal Program Director to ensure we have the most recent information.
  2. How do I know if my children qualify as homeless, migrant or runaway?
    • Do the members of your household lack a permanent address? Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis? Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household? If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please contact your School’s Meal Program Director.
  3. I am not eligible under paragraph 1. How else may I qualify for free or reduced-price meals?
    • Children may receive free or reduced-price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced-price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart. For military pay, we recommend using the monthly information on your LES.
Household size Yearly Monthly Weekly
1 26,973 2,248 519
2 36,482 3,041 702
3 45,991 3,833 885
4 55,500 4,625 1,068
5 65,009 5,418 1,251
6 74,518 6,210 1,434
7 84,027 7,003 1,616
8 93,536 7,795 1,799
Each additional person: 9,509 793 183
  1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
    • No. Use one Free and Reduced-Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. We recommend completing the online application. If you are unable to do so, submit applications completed manually to your School Meals Program Director. Either way, you will be notified of your children’s eligibility within 10 business days.
  2. Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals?
    • No, but please read the letter you received carefully and follow the instructions. If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact your School Meals Program Director immediately.
  3. Can I apply online?
    • Yes! You are encouraged to complete an online application instead of a paper application if you are able. The online application has the same requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application. Most families submit application to to begin or to learn more about the online application process. Contact your School Meals Program Director if you have any questions about the online application.
    • Students attending schools at Quantico, West Point and Puerto Rico submit their application at:
  4. Can I submit a paper application?
    • Yes, you may pick up and return a paper application from your school administration office or the school cafeteria. Other than English language applications are available upon request.
  5. My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?
    • Yes. Your child’s application is only good for that school year. You must send in a new application. If you do not send in a new application that is approved by your school, your child will be charged the full price for meals.
  6. I get WIC. Can my children get free meals?
    • Children in households participating in WIC do not automatically qualify for free or reduced-price meals; however, you may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals based upon the income eligibility guidelines. Please send in an application.
  7. Will the information provided be checked?
    • Yes. We may also ask you to send written proof of the household income you report.
  8. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later?
    • Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced-price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.
  9. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?
    • You should talk to School Meals Program Director. You also may ask for a hearing by calling: America’s Chief of Logistics, (678) 907-5792.
  10. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
    • Yes. You, your children or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced-price meals.
  11. What if my income is not always the same?
    • List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1,000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1,000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.
  12. What if some household members have no income to report?
    • Household members may not receive some types of income we ask you to report on the application, or may not receive income at all. Whenever this happens, please write a 0 in the field. However, if any income fields are left empty or blank, those will also be counted as zeroes. Please be careful when leaving income fields blank, as we will assume you meant to do so.
  13. Do I have to provide my social security number?
    • Only the last 4 digits of the social security number of the household’s primary wage earner or another adult household member (or an indication of “none”) is required.
  14. We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?
    • Your basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income. If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food or clothing, it must also be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment also is excluded from income.
  15. What if there isn’t enough space on the application for my family?
    • List any additional household members on a separate piece of paper and attach it to your application.
  16. My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?
    • To find out how to apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or other assistance benefits, contact your local SNAP office.

Need more information?

Contact the School Meals Program Director.

Accounts and Payments

We offer budget-friendly prices and payment methods to feed your child during the day.

Ways to Pay

#1 – Pay online with the TITAN Family portal. You pay with a credit card at There is a $2.60 service charge per transaction. You can:

#2 - Drop off payment at your school’s cafeteria. There is no service fee for this option.

#3 - Send payment to school with your child. Place it in a sealed envelope with the child’s name and amount of money enclosed clearly written on the outside of the envelope. There is no service fee for this option.


Please be advised that payments are due at the time of purchase. Sponsors, guardians and families are responsible for child purchases.


When writing checks for school meals:

  • Make checks payable to: School Meals Program
  • Write the child's name in the check's memo section.
  • If the check is written to pay for meals for more than one child, designate on the check the amount to place in each child's account.

Returned Checks

If a check is returned due to insufficient funds, the school will notify the parent. A service charge will be added to the check total. The parent/sponsor will make cash payment to the School Meals Program. The privilege to use checks will be suspended until the delinquent check and service charge are paid in full.

Additional Information


Qualified child nutrition professionals provide students with access to a variety of affordable, nutritious and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.

Food Allergies

Does your student have a food allergy? If so, please coordinate with the school nurse.

Health and Wellness

Learn more about health and wellness at DoDEA.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), which can be obtained online, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

(1) Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Carey, Wanda

Cafeteria Manager

School Meals Program
910-451-2431 ext. 6724

On this page

    Open modal Return to top